Monday, July 19, 2004

Irrigation System Redesign 07/17/04

On Friday, Bill told me that my Cyborg irrigation system was too ugly to tolerate much longer. I completely agreed and we spent Saturday getting rid of the plastic pipe and chipping a sort of canal around the top side of the large waterfall. Although I need to do quite a lot still, the water now flows down the rocks on the East side of the waterfall into the flower bed, then down the spillway and around the edge of the shop into the garden. It took a while to rearrange the flower bed so that the water would drain toward the East (the garden) and not seep into Bill's shop.  I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with any of it. Even this morning I had to stop by on the way to work and move a rock.
 
I sometimes wonder if I traumatize the plants. Nearly every day I show up with a weed-eater, or a hammer and chisel.