Thursday, July 15, 2004

07/14/04

The garden is starting to do very well, but is it still called a garden when there are only two types of plants? Maybe I'll call it the garden area and add a few more things next year. The main noticeable change is that I painted the walls of the shop. I've asked Bill several times if I could, and he said "no", so this time I asked my sister and she immediately brought the paint and supplies. He has to have noticed, but he hasn't mentioned it yet. I realize that he mourns the loss of his junk car parking lot even after four years, but he should soon get over it.

The hand rail by the steps at the NW corner of the shop was built by my friend (and my boss) to replace an old barbecue that was buried in the berm (see the very early photos). Bill used it to pull himself up the steps on bad days, and he wouldn't let me dig it up until I found something to replace it. I mentioned this to Ron and he went home and built the rail. After that was installed I was able to convince Bill to extend the top of the berm to the side of the shop so we could create the waterfall.

Just a few photos of yesterday evening. I especially like the reflections that appear on the water in the later part of the day.