Wednesday, July 07, 2004

07/07/04

It rained heavily again last night which brings the 6 month total to more than we usually receive in a year. For more information on this, check out the best weather site in the area, Tatum Weather.

The pond is flourishing, but we have gotten behind on the mowing and trimming, or, getting rid of the unwanted growth. As for cultivating the plants that we want to grow, I've never actually grown anything before but the garden seems to be doing well as long as we keep pouring water on it. The photos of the Martens and dragonflys are not very good, and are also accidental, but they are the best I have for now. I just pointed the camera at them when they flew close by.

My niece just reminded me that she and her daughter were the first ones to jump in the pond when we first filled it. They have photos of the event and I'll get them posted as soon as I have copies.