Monday, July 26, 2004

07/26/04

It started raining last week, has rained off and on through yesterday, and is still heavily overcast and humid today.  Bill and I mowed and trimmed on the edges of the pond during the dry spell between Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon. I also used a net material that I found to tie up some of the tomato plants. The branches are now so heavy with fruit that the stalks can't support them.  The peppers continue to hold their own, but are so hot that no one really wants to eat them.

My friend and his dog Buddy have been here since Wednesday and I don't get a lot done when they visit. Buddy is a loving and lovable dog, and he just wants to play frisbee, but he weighs almost 100 lbs, and has the physical abilities of a mature T-Rex backed by the coordination and brain of a 1 year old.  Disasters are pretty much non-stop. Also, Kilo doesn't like him and doesn't want him on the place, but will tolerate a visit as long as he doesn't come in her part of the house, or her part of the yard. It takes constant vigilance and my hearing is starting to go (they erupt into verbal combat at the drop of a bone.)

I have almost finished the new irrigation system, but want to wait a few days before I post photos of the final (maybe) result. Every rock that I place at the top of the waterfall re-directs and slightly intensifies the water sounds, and I want to get the best sound aimed toward the place where we tend to congregate the most.