Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mr. Bill doesn't like ornamental plants, but -


I just asked Cashmere to turn the waterfall into a planter and she is already on the job. Bill is correct, a small diameter line right on the edge will aerate the pond better, which will ultimately keep it clearer than the waterfall has been able to, but he has constructed a Dr. Seuss machine held up by a pitchfork to get that done. So we have to change that, and (she and I discussed this), the next time her dad is gone or confined to the house for a few days we will re-plumb the water line out to the pond edge. I can't wait. The waterfall structure is actually much more perfect as a planter (just the way it looks, like a santuario) but I was determined to not be defeated by the leak.
So much for determination. After lots of money and all the energy I could find, the torrent of water laughs at me as it bypasses the pond and cuts trenches through his shop. I can't stand to be outwitted by a fluid.
Correctable though.

8 PM
A great storm just started. Tremendous lightning and rain but the hail is kind of disconcerting. In 2004 hail punched through the skylights in my living room and I still get nervous when I hear it starting. Even hard rain makes me jumpy.