Monday, May 28, 2007

1 3/10 inches of Rain last night


I get up early and go outside as soon as the shower is over and the coffee is done, and although for the past week there have been a lot of mosquitoes, (okay I'm lying, but there have been enough that I noticed them) this morning there were really a lot (many more than three and they were busy). I've not been bitten by one, but they circle around me like vultures and are starting to annoy the dogs. The point is that there are none at the pond. It is almost a pest free area. There is such a dense concentration of birds on, over, and around the pond that mosquitoes don't have much success expanding their numbers even if they do get past the fish.

I've been reading and watching the Memorial Day services on television and haven't been to the pond yet, but earlier I saw Cashlin and her mom on their traditional early morning walk.