Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday Evening







It was cold when I came in from work this morning, but in the upper 70's when I got out around 4pm. When Kilo and I got to the walking path other people were there. I almost didn't stop but the moon was up, no wind, and the temperature was perfect. Maybe it would be easy to interact more comfortably if I would be more friendly - most people are basically nice and easy to get along with. Even the ones who aren't nice are just as easy to get along with. Maybe my reclusive tendency is similar to my hair situation - a balancing effect. I didn't cut my hair for most of my 25 years of college, and when I finally cut it short, what was left over fell out. I knew too many people when I was younger (especially during that 25 year period of long-hair), and now it's time for them to fall out. Or, I don't want to be bothered any more.

Was just listening to Jeopardy and the answer was an audio of the intro to "Purple Haze". All of the people, including the host Alex, knew who Jimi Hendrix was and seemed to have listened (often) to "Purple Haze". I find that disturbing. Similar to finding PETA at your barbeque.