Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday?













































The midnight shift keeps me confused. I'm never sure what day it is for part of the week. The fire danger is still extreme and the winds are intense. I don't remember ever really worrying about these things before. Mainly because until a few years ago, everything that I owned fit into a backpack, and I usually had that with me. Then the dog ended that routine and after I got her I sort of gave in to the inevitable and started collecting other things that are too big to carry around. I used to take off within 30 minutes of making a decision. Now I usually give up before I get through the first 24-hour "starting to get ready" portion of the taking off program.

The moon is almost full, and really nice through the bare trees. Kilo almost wore herself out trying to make me stay outside, and it isn't a bad day at all - upper 60's, temperature and wind speed - I just wasn't interested except for the moon.