Thursday, July 27, 2006

Waterfall Progress






























I almost have the stone/wood bench detached from the West side of the waterfall (it covers the cavity under the waterfall that I need to fill in) and now it may rain. That's really okay because it can't do any more damage to the shop than has already been done, but Bill may still need a tranquilizer or five. He came out today to see how I was going to repair the leaks and as usual, brought out the absolute worst in me. Instead of asking how I had decided to fix it, he demanded to know why I was doing what I was doing. It was hot, the rocks were heavy, broken concrete and wire were poking into me, and I snarled back, "because I'm the one doing it and it's what I choose". Speaking from a mellow, reflective, pond-induced serenity point of view, I find that some old people can be really annoying and just need to be made aware of it, while others require much stronger action. It's still touch and go between Bill and I, but considering the first 20 years that I knew him, we really get along well now.