Saturday, July 22, 2006

Okay Then - not total success yet






The new pump works great and puts out much more water than the old one, and the drain line is working and we are once again removing water from the bottom of the pond. Success there. I also have an aeration pump in place to keep the water moving since we won't be using the fill line every day. Successful with nearly everything but so far I have failed to keep Bill's hobby shop from flooding. Now I have found the major source of that water and should have it corrected soon. I have been needlessly rebuilding the outside of the waterfall structure, and although it does drip a little water back behind it, I can now see that the real flooding comes from the pond itself, back underneath the spillway and waterfall structure when the pond surface reaches the bottom of the spillway. I just have to let the pond lose enough volume to expose that area, then fill it with concrete. I can't wait.

"Later, That Same Evening"
Kevin and Jacob caught several nice looking fish and cleaned them for tomorrow's dinner. I finished the waterfall repair and we can try it out tomorrow evening.