Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday








It's so humid right now that I have difficulty breathing outside, but after the day clears I should be able to finish chipping out the rocks beside the waterfall. My sister turned it on early this morning and the flow hasn't been disrupted or diverted by what has been removed so far, so that's good. We backed the algae bloom off last week, but it seems to be getting ready again. The water is dark brown to almost red this morning. That kind of alarms my sister but I convinced her that we might see several drastic events as we let the plant and animal life populations stabilize. The fish haven't been fed all Summer, and about 150 of the larger ones have been fished out in the past two months, so the fish population should be about right for the amount of water they are in and the natural food available.