Friday, March 17, 2006

Some More Winter






After several days of warmth (with lots of wind - and some of the heat was from prairie fires) it is cold this morning. Our walk was less ambitious than usual and Kilo is kind of bummed out right now. I have accomplished something at the pond each day for several days, and it is starting to look better. It got into terrible shape this winter and I am ashamed to have been the caretaker. Yesterday Bill gave orders that I have to stop the leak from under the waterfall that floods his hobby room, or he is moving the fill line. That will be complicated.

I moved the azalea and whatever that other thing is to my back fence. Have decided to put annuals in the planter/ditch that runs to the garden. Also, I broke a stem on the Jasmine plant and it is still alive.

The red-winged blackbirds are back in full force. I haven't taken the time to find out about their lives. Are these the originals from the past five years, or offspring of the originals, or just more of the same species?

The weather shows that we could experience severe thunderstorms between now and Sunday evening. That would be nice.