Saturday, March 11, 2006

Kind of Warm Today






The wind wasn't as impressive today as it was yesterday (WIND), but still had a significant punch. I can hear ducks on the pond and am sure that the heron is there, but hate to bother them even to make myself appear credible. I do have proof that the algae is starting to back off. Oh yes, the gophers seem to have moved (or something). Ron brought a bottle of peppermint oil to me. My sister saw a man on tv who was relating sort of an alternative pesticide regimen and said that gophers and other rodents are allergic to peppermint oil and to put pure peppermint oil (not extract) on a cotton ball and put it in their newest open hole (I think that covering the hole would also be a good idea) and they will move away. He said this also works on mice in houses and anywhere else that rodents become a problem. I haven't actually tried it yet because they had moved before he got here.