Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Morning

It didn't freeze last night but this morning it is in the upper 40's and there is a strong wind out of the NE. Kilo comes to life in this weather and wants to run, jump and wrestle. As we circled the pond (she follows the same route every day) I noticed that it is starting to blend. The grass is groomed, but just wild enough and leaf littered that the transition to the pond no longer looks so artificial.

I visited Camron yesterday and he showed me his new discovery. He rubbed an inflated balloon on his head then stuck it to the wall. When I asked him how that worked he replied, "static electricity". I always wonder how he knows these things. We never lived in a house with electricity until I was older than he is, and I'm sure my parents never used either of those words so I can't find an event in my own development to compare to this, but he seems to be a remarkably inquisitive and productive little boy. He never stops asking questions, has projects and experiments scattered throughout the property, and is happy to talk to any of us about them at any time. When I go and visit my sister this morning I'll stop and let him entertain me.