Saturday, October 22, 2005

Late October

I've even been bored with myself recently. My contact with the pond amounts to maintenance level tasks and my recent pictures are gestures. I just got off work and Kilo and I were sitting in the back yard, watching the moon, when it hit me - job - my life has completely changed again. I always work, but now I have an actual job again. And during the past week I realized I've missed it. I like the feeling of participating, and I like the feeling of being part of a team intent on excellence. It's too bad, but I can't spend all of my time meandering around that great big fish bowl by myself and expect to feel those things, probably ever again. I should learn to engage many things, equally well, at the same time, but won't. I enjoy the dynamics of short-term obsessions - become the pond, become the garden, or become the job. I have been so busy working on the appearance of the pond that I really haven't enjoyed it, and that will now change. Within a few months I'll once again treasure the time I get to spend there.

Am going to re-post some of my favorite pictures.