Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Everything I Ever Needed to Know.......

When I pulled into my driveway this afternoon, Camron was waiting, parked on his bicycle. They must have had a fire drill in school today because he wants to immediately start digging fire escape tunnels between our houses, and as soon as they are finished we will start having fire drills where we all go into the tunnels and meet in one large section. In fact, he plans to have safety contests and the winners get to connect tunnels from their houses to our big (fire prevention?) tunnel. Sounds great, but we only have one shovel and he handed it to me. Just how big is this big section? Does Bill have to be able to stand up in his tunnel? While he was asking just where in my yard I wanted to start digging, I asked him if they had a fire drill in school. He said, "no, not really, but 1/2 of the school did burn down. We all escaped unharmed and they rebuilt it during lunch." I convinced him that my brother owns the yard and I'll have to ask him where we can dig so he is anxious to start on his Grandfather's tunnel right now. Fortunately it started raining. I'm already tired but I have a plan. I'll convince him to help me build a fountain on the edge of the pond this weekend. We may have to incorporate one of his action figures into the design but what the heck. The waterfall is already surrounded by big, colorful plastic stars.