Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday

Incredibly hot day. It was cloudy by 5 PM but didn't get cooler. A friend just called as he was driving through Phoenix and the first thing he told me was that it was 111 degrees. About the 5th thing he told me was "my air conditioner just quit." I need to start watering from the bottom of the pond within the next few days or the grass will turn totally brown. Besides, most of the literature advises 1/4 to 1/3 total volume change-out of the pond fairly frequently. The photo didn't turn out very well but this morning I saw about 30 large Koi around the container Bill stores them in when he catches them. His friend Juan has an exclusively Koi pond and he takes all that we catch, but I guess they wouldn't know what happens after the net prison. They almost appeared to be plotting. Also saw - well, that's a lie - heard what had to have been one of the little leopard frogs today.