Saturday, July 30, 2005

More about Friday

I was too tired to write about it last night, but the spy thing went on all day yesterday. Camron (The Chief) was sitting on the sidewalk by my front gate when I went out to go to work yesterday morning. He let me know that the Spybot had packed his things in the middle of the night and moved to New York City to become an electronic bus-boy, and there was nothing we could do except shut down the complicated electronic entry to the spy meeting room because the Spybot had created it and only he knew how to run it. The Chief had to remove the flags from where his Grandfather was just about to mow, and take down the electric card reader that was mounted to the Morning Glory trellace. Several things seemed to be at play but it's hard to really know in the spy world. Was it Spybot, or was it the Grandparents? Some time later my brother and I were working on a project and heard screams of "help me, help me" from by the pond. We kept working and my brother started laughing. I told him "it's kind of embarrassing to hear the Chief of your super-secret, danger oriented agency, screaming like a little girl." My brother said "maybe it's a girly-man super-secret danger oriented agency". I think it's about time that he joined, and I'm going to suggest it at the next spy meeting.

Later, (I lose track of time - I really only know now and not now) I was out of view but could hear my brother's wife leaving for work. Camron caught her at the gate and I heard him ask if she would like to be a spy-lady and go on dangerous missions for him. She agreed and seems to go on a lot of missions. He follows us around all day, helping, but only for a few seconds because he suddenly thinks of things he wants to build with our tools and parts. We generally let him be as bold and inquisitive as wants, and even when tools and parts disappear, we try to inform him rather than hurt his feelings, and the reward is that he keeps us completely entertained. It was a total spy day until I put the front seat in the boat. The next thing I knew he was sitting in it, waving some kind of hook that he had found, and yelling arrgh. He eventually turned around and asked if I knew where he could get a reptile-bird. I asked him what that was and he said that it's the only bird that pirates use.

When my sister was visiting, she watched a small part of this and said "How does he know all of these words? Does he really know what he is saying? I couldn't even tie my shoes when I was his age." I had to remind her that we didn't have shoes when she was his age. I sometimes wonder where he gets it. If he isn't following me he is waiting for me to appear so he can follow me.