Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday

I spent most of the day doing actual work (energy for money), again, and the rest of it making the sprinkler system actually work again. Bill doesn't really trust my ability to do much of anything and usually gives me kindergarten type instructions for just about pond related any issue I bring to him (I've never taken a life related issue to him). For a week I've told him that the pump isn't putting out a very high volume of water and he keeps telling me that the pump can't get clogged, to clean the sprinkler head out. The truth is that I've been through 10 sprinkler heads this summer and am an expert at keeping them clean. He knows it's the pump but doesn't feel like working on it, and doesn't trust me to be able to do it without direct supervision. Today I got up early, took the pump apart, and cleaned the snails and algae out of it - which I should have done to begin with and not bothered him, and he never has to know. I have to remember that he is just old and has somehow focused on the one or two times that I've taken something apart and not been able to get it back together.