Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Things that are Harder than Work

I have only been totally dedicated to my new life of irresponsible pond-tending/monitoring for a few days but it could be going badly already. I have been replacing part of the flooring in Cashmere's kitchen for a couple of days and for the past two nights I have dreamed that I am creating the sub-floor out of hams. These are the large, shoulder looking pieces that they salt and cure to make Italian sausage, and I have been just trimming them and setting them on the floor joists. And apparently hams don't require nails or screws because I'm not doing any of that. My only tool seems to be the knife that I use to trim the large hams to fit. Also, this must be more labor intensive than using boards, because I'm really tired when I wake up.