Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We are so close to finished







The gopher is back on the Southeast berm, which makes me laugh. He might as well be trying to eat through a rock. About one foot underneath the grass are stacks of corrugated roofing, a pile of busted cinderblock, maybe a few old tires and rims, and assorted car parts. That area was the junk pile of Bill's junkyard and the guy digging the pond just piled dirt on top of the stuff. I moved everything I could lift, then hauled dirt in and covered the rest up when I cleaned up that section. Anyway, the gopher digs into the berm a few inches and hits an impenetrable barrier. I hope he breaks all of his teeth out and then the owl gets him (but in a good way.)

As long as my sister and I keep the pond cleaned up, Bill doesn't plow up the grass, so we've got that almost taken care of one more time.

The owl starts swooping around just at sunset and I've been finding those lumps of fur, feathers and bones that they spit up beneath the trees around the pond and in my yard. The fish are really neat right now.

Beautiful sunset but not enough clouds for great reflection pictures.