Friday, August 10, 2007

I almost forgot to post this






I just went out to move my water and heard the strangest slurping noises coming from the pond. I went to investigate and could see that the pond water was boiling in four separate places. I got on the berm and finally saw a large light-colored object in the middle of a mass of catfish in the nearest location and my first thought was that a herd of turtles finally found the place and were attacking the fish. Then, cobs of corn started surfacing, and were immediately dragged back under by the fish. Once the sense of horror passed (Bill's stories about what turtles will do to fish always make me remember that National Geographic film showing the Wildebeast herd trying to cross the river full of crocodiles), it was really interesting to watch.