Friday, August 18, 2006

First Day of Fall






(Not really. It's just a placebo I'm using to try and stave off the heat. After today I'll continue to let scientific measurement push me around and tell me when the seasons change.)

It's almost tropical outside. Very humid and the variety of brilliant greens are hard to look at. There are more plants, more healthy looking plants, and more colorful plants than I remember seeing in years - the word lush almost applies. The pond needs work done right now but it's too hot. I already tried to move some rocks today but just walking out there made me tired. Maybe tomorrow, but I might have to wait until cool weather gets here. The Albuquerque news just said that 2006 will probably set the record as wettest year in New Mexico recorded history. That actually would have been something great if it hadn't come in a 2-week period. Many areas in the State, from Hatch through Rio Rancho in the Rio Grande Valley, along with just about every other town built in a flood zone, have been declared flood disaster areas. We have had a lot of rain here also, but no flooding.