Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another Comfortable Day

My early AM post could probably be considered a blemish in paradise, but expressions of such attitudes rarely happen so it probably shouldn't count. I only do that when I feel guilty, and I'm so confidently self-absorbed that I rarely feel guilty. At least not enough to cloud the atmosphere of the pond. I do hope the dog found his home, or a home, and I hope that I can avoid homeless dogs in the future.

Camron was astonished by the overnight change at the pond. He really thought that we needed to medicate the plants immediately, and was so sincere about it. The entire landscape has changed significantly, quickly. I can't get good pictures while walking in the mornings but the plains are almost translucent. The prairie grasses are pale to clear, and reflect the colors of the sunrise, the color of the day, and the colors of the sunset even better than they do in the dead of winter. It's often most amazing when the cold winds are at their worst.

I would rather move into a cave and shut down for the winter but will probably clean the garden and maybe think about the plant problem - that they need to be thinned but I'm too tired to work on it right now - instead.