Monday, April 04, 2005

Some Things I Didn't Know About

I can't leave the house any more on week-ends or after 3pm when Camron gets in from school. For the past week, as soon as he gets outside, he sits on the NE side of the pond berm and stares at my house. He knows that I will come outside when Kilo starts barking, and she does almost as soon as he shows up. When it started today, I stopped working and went to tell him hello and trace a mysterious buried electric cord that I found while digging up the garden. It seems to be attached to something in the shop so I was wandering through it and Camron was following me, chattering. I finally realized that he had just said he was disappointed because Julio was going to the science fair and he wasn't. I turned and said "really" - thinking "you're in kindergarten, do science fairs start that early?" He looked right into my eyes and said "really, and he doesn't even know how to make a laser!". While I was trying to digest that, he said "He did make that teleportation device to the sun, but it didn't work". I was afraid to show the depth of my ignorance and ask why anyone would want to be teleported to the sun.

gottablast -even though I almost dread the encounters (or maybe it's just getting away), he cracks me up every time.