Friday, July 04, 2008

One inch of rain last night









I went to the pond this morning to take these pictures and Camron was already there, pouring water out of a glass into the pond. When he saw me he said, "The fish are following me. And they come to me when I make noise." Actually, after only two days they are already conditioned to the food, but I still don't want Bill to know I have been feeding them so I took that opportunity to shift the blame to the child. I told him they were wanting food and if he would go and get some (out of the fish food sack) and drop it in, they would really show up. He got a small handful, dropped it in the water, and created a feeding frenzy of catfish, perch, and koi. He was so excited he ran to the house for his camera, and as he ran by his grandfather he yelled, "I gave the fish some food and they're having a frenzy!" I didn't hear what Bill said but it wasn't "NO" because Camron came back with his camera. I explained to him (not my fingerprints) how to carry a larger amount of food, and how to throw it where he could have the best view of the fish feeding. Then I left and let events unfold as they would. Hope it all worked out.