Monday, October 01, 2007

An almost PETA moment





Earlier I was worried that the gopher might be sick because of my hurtful attitude. I didn't want to kill or injure him, I just wanted him to go away.
By noon I was thinking, "There are 140,000 square miles of empty prairie in any direction that he might want to travel, and lots of good packed earth, why does he insist on working this 100 square foot section of pond berm?"
And now I begin to again understand - Because this isn't normal innocent animal behavior. This mutant gopher is being an animal thug. His digging is like graffiti for punks without thumbs, or fingers, or even arms - just big scary teeth and outrageous claws.
I hope he is sick. I hope he feels rotten in his damp, dark hole and I should have driven spikes into his stupid tunnels while I was out there.

Can't upload pictures for some reason.