Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No storm - big storm - who knows?


Even though I realize that Southeastern New Mexico is not considered to be a part of the state by the rest of the state, and even though they are correct in that the people are more like the people in the Texas towns on the high plains (we don't speak like Cheech Marin), I still watch the Albuquerque weather programs which ignore us, rather than the Lubbock weather programs which are always relevant, accurate and timely regarding all of the communities on the Llano Estacado no matter which side of the state line they are on. This morning and at noon I watched the Albuquerque weather and heard that no part of New Mexico could expect precipitation for the next five days. It is now 2 pm, a huge storm has been building for the past hour, and (Lubbock) weather has advised extreme winds and the possibility of softball sized hail.
I guess I enjoy the surprise.