Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I am now More Enthusiastic than these pictures Indicate






Took a closer look at the waterfall situation today and although I still would like to do some serious renovation to the whole North berm, including the waterfall, when I actually take an inventory of my energy, tools, and resources, that isn't going to happen any time soon. The alternative (which I have treated with contempt up until today, leaving that whole area a trashed out eyesore) is to fix what we have. It worked well and still will with just a few changes, so I started that today. Mainly I just planned what I am going to ask Cashmere to do since she is the only other person living in the neighborhood who will do any kind of work to the pond, but it's ready for the next step. Fixing the old structure just involves fill and patch work and that won't take long. Why do I want to do it? Because from the first cut by the bulldozer, I started dreaming of early mornings in the late Spring, surrounded by maturing plants, sitting in a comfortable chair and enjoying a cup of my favorite coffee, and I have never done that yet. This July will be seven years and I have never once sat and relaxed long enough to finish a single cup of coffee, or enjoy a single beverage of any kind. There has always been something else to do and I have never been able to sit still while I was out there. Now that sitting is what I do best, this is the year that I intend to have that comfortable spot.