Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Last Day of Winter, 2005

Interesting day. I spent part of it walking and part of it thinning the penny-wort plants and what other debris I could capture. The boat is easier to deal with now. The first few times I used it, I rowed and rowed and never went anywhere. Now I can get to the other side of the pond, fill it with plants, and back to Bill's dock with very little effort. There was light breeze all day but the temperature was in the low 70's so it was still comfortable (although getting wet got to be cold after a while). Bill's new tomato seeds came in and he is germinating them. I didn't catch everything he was saying, but one of the growing methods seems to produce a tomato tree. All I can think is, what have we turned in to - old people dabbling in weird science? Shouldn't there more to life than devoting an entire summer to growing a tomato tree?

No. Not really.