Sunday, October 10, 2004

10/09/04

I finally have most of the pond trimmed. The heat of Summer is finally over and although they have plenty of moisture, the plants are starting to fade away. Night time temperatures are starting to drop enough to replace the various shades of green with browns, reds, and golds. I love the way this time of year feels. There is something exciting about the onset of cold weather.

10/05/04
We had another tremendous storm last night and received just over 3" of rain. I worked the midnight shift and took a video of the water running East down the highway. It was kind of amazing. Several of the highways were shut down, some for over 24 hours, until the water drained off. I always love the storms that happen here, and appreciate effective precipitation, but don't really care for excessive humidity. I start to feel stuffy and molded.