Friday, May 21, 2004

Up to Date

Although I realize that the quality of most of the photos that I have posted is not so good, for now, I am out of any kind, and up to date.

The last nest of a new generation of blackbirds hatched since yesterday.

I planted a Crepe Myrtle and an Azalea against the shop on the East side of the water fall this week. I really don't plant according to a plan, and probably should, but am generally lucky with things like that - the right plant in the right place. I also cleaned up the East side of the shop (which is in the walkway to the Northeast side of the pond) and made beds to plant things in. I planted orange and yellow cannas in one section and am thinking about putting vegetables in the rest of the space. For one thing, I crave having a garden, and for another, anything that is watered from the pond grows incredibly well.